Drop off Pick Up
We need EVERYONE to be vigilant and concerned about student safety. Adults must model correct behavior and support school safety expectations for students. Please observe the following expectations:
Valet Lanes -Drop Off:
- Do not drop students off before 8:40 unless they are having breakfast.
- If you arrive before 8:40 (M, T, W, F) or 9:40 (Th) to drop off or 3:10 to pick up, please turn off your vehicle. The parking lot is an idle-free zone. We want to do our part to keep our environment thriving.
- Students must be dropped off in the valet line along the sidewalk in the front parking lot along Mission Ave. Please do not let the student out of the car until an adult is there to open the door... pull to the front of the line before letting students out.
- The valet lines move forward in two lanes from west to east.
Valet Lanes -Pick Up:
- Students must be picked up in the valet line along the sidewalk in the front parking lot along Mission Ave.
- The line moves quickly and does not generally require a long wait to move to the front and pick up your student.
- Students will be waiting on the sidewalk in front of the playground fence or under the awning in inclement weather.
- Supervisors will place students in the cars to keep them safe from running across the parking lot and between cars.
Walkers and Bike Riders:
- If coming to Riverbend from the south, once they hit the school block, will be asked to walk their bike or scooter to the west bus lane entry door by the blue bike racks. If going to breakfast enter the building; if going to the playground go to the zig zag in the fence by the playground gate.
- If coming to Riverbend from the north, please stay on the sidewalks and once you get to the Mission and Long crossing, walk your bikes and scooters on the sidewalk to the west door by the blue bike racks. If going to breakfast enter the building; if going to the playgroun, go to the zig zag in the fence by the playground gate.
Bus and Daycare Riders:
- Students will be delivered in the west bus lane and will either enter the building for breakfast at the west door by the blue bike racks or head to the zig zag in the fence by the gate to the playground.
Additional Safety Information:
- Parental diligence is important during special events to monitor student safety as the congestion causes extremely limited visibility.
- Lastly, please know that dismissing 400+ 5-11-year-olds is a challenge and we need all of our adult community to support our expectations, model our expectations and hold our students to the expectations. None of us want a terrible accident and therefore our arrival and dismissal expectations are not designed for speed, they are designed for safety. Thank you for your help in keeping our most prized possessions safe.